This document includes:
3. COMMUNITY Code of conduct / rules
4. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site, and shall not be liable whatsoever for any damages incurred as a result of its use.
5. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
6. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
7. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
9. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR FINANCES, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR INCOME LEVEL. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
14. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Orange County, California. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Last Updated: November 10, 2015
1. Data generated using VMAST is the property of the VMAST account holder.
2. It is the responsibility of the VMAST account holder to: a) ensure that data submitted reflect the current management situation; b) ensure that forms are synced (which is necessary in order to benefit from VMAST improvements and updates), and to correctly save work/data; c) ensure that the VMAST account is registered with the appropriate organisation and/or team members, and that contact information is correct and up to date.
3. In the case where VMAST is set up through UNESCO, registered for a World Heritage site, World Heritage site management authorities and/or a Tentative World Heritage, use is based on the understanding that UNESCO may use data for reporting services. This may be global/ regional/ national/ thematic reporting. No individual VMAST account or site will be exposed unless directly or indirectly approved by the account holder.
4. It is the responsibility of the VMAST account holder to be aware and manage the potential indirect and/or implicit use of VMAST generated data. Indirect or implicit approval may find place where VMAST is used as a collaborative tool or in a collaborative effort (for example in a workshop), when VMAST is used as a research data collection tool, or where VMAST data is submitted in a third party tool or framework.
5. A VMAST account holder can at any point request the VMAST account to be deleted.
6. Access to the VMAST account and/or forms can be suspended or deleted according to the agreement under which it was set up.
7. All use of VMAST may inform its further improvement.
8. As host and service providers of VMAST, Zegeba and World Heritage Catalysis may contact VMAST accountholders using the email registered in the system.
9. VMAST account holder details may be shared with UNESCO in order to manage accounts.
10. UNESCO, Zegeba and/or World Heritage Catalysis shall not be held liable for any special, incidental, indirect, reliance or consequential damages, whether foreseeable of not, including, but not limited to, loss of data or information, claims for services, interruptions or transmission problems, occasioned by any defect in the site, the tool, its content, the inability to user services provided hereunder or any other cause whatsoever with respect thereto, regardless of theory of liability.
12. Additional services provided by Zegeba and/or World Heritage Catalysis will be governed under aligning but extended ToU.
3. Community Code of conduct / rules
- Be kind and respectful. As a community builder, you know that communities are fundamentally about belonging — there's no need to be mean, rude, offensive, or antagonistically political. While it is fine to challenge the ideas or arguments of others in our Community, avoid calling them names or making disrespectful comments about them. If you and another member of our Community have a disagreement, make an effort to understand their points of view before you respond to them. And when you respond, strive to provide reasonable responses.
- Don't promote, solicit, or spam. There are plenty of places on the Internet for that; this is not one of them. We reserve the right, at our complete discretion, to remove any comments or statements that we or our systems identify as promotions, solicitations, or spam.
- Keep discussions relevant and reasonable. This is a Community about community building, and related topics. We do not want you to feel limited or constrained to any specific topics or ideas, but topics or ideas that have no apparent relation to the existing spaces, community building, or our stated goals will likely not be relevant.
- Respect the privacy of others. In general, we'd love for everyone to be as open and transparent as they want to be, but we want their privacy to be respected. Please do not share anyone’s nonpublic personal information on our platform. Do not use our platform to dox, extort, harass, or spread false and disparaging rumors about others.
This community relies on peer-moderation, and shared care and concern for all members involved. The general policy is that contributions remain in a discussion only if no other moderators or members object to its content. All member contributions are on the account of the source. World Heritage Catalysis does not take responsibility of violation to copyrights.
Thank you for reading and for helping to keep this community a place we're all excited to be a part of!
Last Updated: November 24, 2022